The sacrament of Baptism ushers us into the divine life, cleanses us from sin and initiates us as members of the Christian community. It is the foundation for sacramental life. Baptism frees us from the bondage of original and actual sin. Water is poured in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Today, the sacrament of baptism is often performed on infants, shortly after birth.
Adult baptisms take place at the Easter Vigil through the restored Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).
- Marriage Certificate of parents
- Government issued child’s birth certificate.
- Baptism form to be filled out and submitted at least 15 days prior to the baptism.
- The presence of parents & godparents is compulsory. Parents who intend to have their infant baptised must attend a Pre-baptism Catechesis along with the godparents.
- Godparents should be practising the Catholic Doctrine and aged above 15 years and below 45 years.
Baptism of Adults